Community, Collaboration and Education
Catalina works collaboratively and with other artists and organisations to jointly enable and support the professional development, visibility and value of contemporary artistic practice in Oxford.
Artists' Salon is open to all. You are invited to bring a piece of work at any level of completion, and take part in discussion in an informal and relaxed atmosphere. At the Artists' Salon we use peer feedback to develop our work through critical thinking and close observation. Presenting work and taking part in discussion is optional and you can just come and observe if you prefer. Non-artists are also welcome.
- Member of Ovada programming team (2019 to the present)
- Member of MAS exhibition programming group (2018 to the present)
- Artist Trustee at Magdalen Road Studios (2017 to the present)
Associate member at Ovada
Studio Artist at Magdalen Road Studios
- Horde are an Oxford based contemporary artist collective pooling together knowledge and expertise to exhibit as a group
- ARTeC, an Artist Teacher Collective, who have exhibited with the 'Forces' suffix around Oxford. ARTeC came together as a result of the Artist Teacher Scheme MA in Education programme at Oxford Brookes University. The artists in the collective come from a range of backgrounds and professional educational settings and this diversity is reflected in their work. To find out more visit the blog links below. https://artecollective.wordpress.com/ and https://resistantforces.wordpress.com/
Art education and teaching art is an integral part of Catalina's practice. It is not only a way of sharing a common language, but also of validating the language and its participants. Catalina is interested in art education in a broad sense and has been gaining experience of teaching at almost all educational phases, from early years to adult education, in equally diverse settings.
- Tutor of Experimental Drawing Ovada (2019 to present)
- Vocational Trainer at City of Oxford College (2019 to present)
- Art Club leader at Oxford High School Pre-prep (2015 to present)
- Associate Lecturer, 'Arts and Cultural Learning' undergraduate module at Oxford Brookes University (2019)
- Tutor at Banbury and Bicester College (2018)
- Craft Club leader at St Andrews School C of E (2011 to 2019)
- Craft and Rhymetime leader, Headington Library (2011 - 2014)